This is my very first tutorial!! Emm at Circluar Insanity requested I do one, so I figured why not? I hope it's up to par! Of course my original mani came out better than the tutorial, but it's still the gist of it...hope it's helpful!
You will need:
Base Coat • White Polish • Varying Shades of Blue & Green • Light Pink • Dark Pink
Top Coat • Medium or Small brush • Nail Polish Remover
1. Apply your basecoat & two coats of white nail polish
2. Apply your top coat
3. After your top coat is completely dry, dip your brush into some nail polish remover (I like to pour some into the cap) and then into your darkest blue to thin it out a little. Starting at the cuticle do a few different sized strokes up the nail, but not all the way to the tip.
4. Repeat with as many different blues as you wish, thinly layering colors as you go. I personally only used the remover with my first blue because it was the darkest and wanted to thin it out. Plus starting with the darkest shade means you can layer the lighter colors on top of it without losing the darker colors. Just make sure to use small amounts of polish, you don't want thick globs.
5. After you’ve finished with all your blues, use the same technique with the greens, but start at the tips rather than the cuticle. Again, don’t make a stripe all the way down to the cuticle but you can add some small little dabs at the bottom to balance out the composition/add some foliage to the water.
6. Once you’re done adding your greens, clean your brush and dip it in your light pink polish. Dab some of it off so it is not completely saturated in polish.
7. Dab a little bit of your light pink somewhere between your cuticle and the middle of your nail. It should be in the blue area of your nail so it resembles a water lily in the water.
8. Once the light pink is dry take your brush a dab a smaller amount of your dark pink ontop of the light pink spot. Make sure you dab some of it off as you did with the light pink. You can add as many water lilies as you want on each nail for some variety, some I had two and some just one.
9. Add some top coat and you're done! Hooray!
Of course my nail didn't come out as well as the original mani, but I only did it on one nail, so its ok! I normally do all of my nails at the same time which gives the rest some dry time while working on the next nail, so I think that was my problem here. I didn't wait for the light pink to dry enough before adding the dark so it was making holes because I didn't have any patience last night, hahaha.
The colors I used are:
The colors I used are:
- OPI: My Boyfriend Scales Walls
- OPI: Gargantuan Green Grape
- OPI: Don't Talk Bach To Me
- OPI: Did It On 'Em
- OPI: Green-wich Village
- OPI: Fly
- OPI: Pink Friday
- OPI: Dim Sum Plum
- Essie: Turquoise & Caicos
- Essie: Where's My Chauffeur?
- Essie: Butler Please
- Essie: Coat Azure
- Essie: I Am Strong
- Seche Vite: Dry Fast Top Coat