Heeyyyy! I decided to make a tutorial for my Water Bottle Inspired Chevron nails. Emma from Trying to be Beautiful requested it, and so many people asked me about it. So here it is! Enjoy & good luck!
You will need:
Base Coat • Tape (I use blue painters tape, but regular scotch should work fine) • Wax Paper • Pinking Shears • Tweezers
At Least 5 Different Colors
(I used 8 to match my water bottle and so each nail would be different):
Essie: Coat Azure • OPI: Pink Friday • OPI: Did It On ‘Em • OPI: Fly • OPI: Dim Sum Plum
OPI: Purple With A Purpose • OPI: Blue My Mind • Sally Hansen: Sun Kissed • Seche Vite: Dry Fast Top Coat
You can use any colors you wish, but just to make the directions easier I’m going to use these colors by name.
1. Put a long piece of tape onto a piece of wax paper. With your Pinking Shears (Zig-Zag scissors, but sharper than cheap craft scissors) cut one end of the tape. Then line up your pinking shears with the edge you just cut to make a small zig-zagged piece of tape at whatever width you want. This all depends on the size of your nail. If you want to do this design on all of your nails you will need at least 20 pieces of tape. I like to do a few more just incase you drop one or something.
1. Apply basecoat to all of your nails.
2. Paint 2 coats of OPI: Pink Friday on every other nail, and 2 coats of Essie: Coat Azure on the rest.
3. Once your nails are dry, paint OPI: Did It On ‘Em on the top halves of all of your nails.
4. Apply a coat of Seche Vite: Dry Fast Top Coat.
5. After you’re nails are COMPLETELY dry, get all your tape ready. You’ll need two pieces per nail. Peel one piece off the wax paper and place it in the center of the top half of the nail. Then place the second piece in the center of the bottom half of the nail. You want the middle where the two colors meet to be uncovered because you’re going to fill that in with polish.
6. Fill in the three exposed sections of nail with 3 varying colors.
- Pink Nail: I used Sally Hansen: Sun Kissed on the bottom, then painted the middle with OPI: Dim Sum Plum, and the tip with OPI: Purple With A Purpose. Then I immediately removed the tape with tweezers.
- Blue Nail: OPI: Blue My Mind on the bottom, Sally Hansen: Sun Kissed in the middle and OPI: Fly on the tip.
7. Let them dry for a little while and apply some Seche Vite Top Coat to finish it off! Done!